Popular Car rental companies
You are able to rent a vehicle in Alaska from all significant brands: Hertz, Avis, Thrifty, Dollar, Budget, business, Alamo, National, and Payless. And you’ll discover leasing workplaces in just about every significant city and some smaller cities; you don’t need hire your car in Anchorage.
Here are the upsides to leasing a motor vehicle in Alaska:
- Roads are safe and easy to navigate.
- Automobiles tend to be every bit as modern-day as those you’ll find in the reduced 48.
- Operating is cheaper and quicker as compared to train (and much more dependable as compared to bus), and you will travel at your own personal rate.
Here’s usually the one drawback:
- Rentals are very pricey: from $100–$150 per day.
But there are methods to save cash. Here’s exactly how:
- See Alaska in May or September. Midsize vehicles can price as low as $30–$50 per day.
- Reserve ahead of time. Prices typically go up while you get nearer to your travel dates, particularly during peak season. If you notice a rate you, reserve it. You can always terminate it later.
- When you have a business rebate, put it to use during the peak season. It’ll be cheaper than most regular rates, and franchisees have to honor it except on minivans or huge SUVs. But in the off-season, don’t use it; regular rates are $25 daily or reduced.
- Check straight back frequently if you’re renting last minute. Prices change many times daily.
- Dismiss “percentage-off” deals. Rather, search for the cheapest base rate. In Anchorage, you’ll usually think it is at Thrifty Car Rental.
- Avoid airport fees simply by using town locations. Don’t spend the airport surcharge. Rather, seek the businesses’ town workplaces, which often aren’t far-away. In Anchorage, for instance, you can easily rent from Thrifty’s Spenard area by taking a $15, 7-minute cab trip. Or simply go to your resort and also have Thrifty’s courtesy shuttle pick you up.
Renting off-airport saves roughly 12-15%. It can save you another 8-10per cent using the next promo rule:
- Book On Line: Book on the Thrifty.com website and use 101063 for one more 8per cent off on all courses of automobiles
- By Phone: Phone Thrifty’s direct number in Anchorage at 907-276-2855 and request the “Alaska Channel rebate” for 10% off
Just How Not To Ever Conserve Money
Don’t conserve by leasing from off-brand businesses. Your set aside vehicle may possibly not be here whenever you arrive. Or it may not be carefully washed or well-maintained.
One Of The Ways Rentals
People lease a car or truck to complete a fly/drive holiday. The preferred itineraries adhere to the Seward and Parks Highways and protect Seward, Anchorage, Talkeetna, Denali, Fairbanks, and Homer. Much more off-the-beaten path itineraries use the Glenn and Richardson Highways to Valdez and McCarthy, and employ the marine highway to return to Anchorage.