Top car hire Companies
If you want to drive in St. Lucia you ought to get a temporary drivers permit, and you must-have a valid driver's license at home country to qualify. Its neither expensive nor difficult to acquire, and is beneficial to a time period of 3 months. However, a permit isn't required if you have a global license.
You'll often get your driving permit from your own automobile local rental company. Also available at Gros Islet through the transport workplace. International driver's permits is stamped for appropriate consent, and this can be done at a police company.Road procedures to understand
In St. Lucia, the rules for the roadway might be significantly unlike your home nation. We drive in the left-hand side of the road here. This is often a totally brand-new driving experience for individuals through the usa, Canada, and nations that drive on the right. Here are some various other important St. Lucia operating rules to be aware of:
- The minimal driving age is 18.You must use seatbelts.
- Speed restriction laws and regulations are purely enforced in several areas.
- The speed restriction in metropolitan parts of the country is 51 kph (32mph).
- Optimum blood alcohol for motorists is 0.08 percent.
- In case of a vehicle accident, the driver must end and trade important information using the other motorist. Also, you have 24 hours to file a report at closest police place.